The Warracknabeal A & P Society was formed on September 25, 1885, after an open meeting of townsmen at the courthouse. The inaugural Society comprised a President, two Vice Presidents, a Treasurer, Secretary & 20 ordinary members - all men.
The current Society comprises both men and women, filling positions on the executive, and as ordinary members.
By 1949, it was established practice to have women stewarding in the pavilions, and the General Committee proposed the formation of a ladies committee to review the 'culinary, needlework and flower sections'.
Despite the proposal, it was not until 1953 when a Ladies Agricultural Committee was formed. The function of the Ladies Committee was 'to arrange and appoint judges for the exhibits in the Homecrafts pavilions', tasks which the male Committee members were only too pleased to handover.
The current Ladies Committee Executive is:
President: Sandra Stronach
Vice President: Julie McLean
Secretary: Avril Hein
Assistant Secretary: Pat Gouin